In 1948, Joseph Mayer established his optometric practice at 7 Grange Road in Southport, ably assisted by his wife, Muriel as his receptionist. As Joseph's reputation for thoroughness and excellence increased, so did the practice. As a result in 1968 the second practice at 54 Church Road, Tarleton was completed. A modern purpose built building and car park to compliment the house-based practice in Southport. Joseph continued to work hard to support his young family and in 1971 he attained his specialised contact lens certificate qualification from UMIST.
Some five years later further progress was achieved when, in 1976, Joseph's elder daughter, Gillian, graduated in Optometry with Honours from City University, London. To his great delight she agreed to join the practice. Gillian rapidly achieved a growing list of patients and in the early 1980s the practice changed from Joseph Mayer Ophthalmic Optician to Mayer & Mayer Optometrists.
Reviews and Ratings
We do not have any reviews about Mayer & Mayer Optometrists available right now.