The very first Millican family opticians was started over 60 years ago in 1949 by Harry Millican as part of a pharmacy in West Derby Road, Tuebrook. This was quickly followed by a similar venture in Everton Road in 1951 opened by his brother John Millican. The two brothers then joined forces and opened a dedicated optical practice in Old Swan in 1956, very close to where the present Old Swan Millican Opticians is today.
A third brother, Geoffrey, took over from a local optometrist, Mr Trafford, in Moreton on the Wirral in 1970. This practice is also still part of the family group.
In 1985 John's son Brian, with his wife Pauline, took over the Old Swan practice from John and Harry. Another son, Robert, was soon running a practice in Prescot and then took over the Moreton Millican branch from Geoffrey with his wife Ruth. A branch in Huyton was added by Brian and Pauline in 1990 on the retirement of a well-known local optometrist, Ron Roberts.
Reviews and Ratings
We do not have any reviews about Millican Optician available right now.