The history of The Optic Shop goes back to 1886. Russell Evan-Jones, one of the partners is the great grandson of the Llanelli founder of Evan-Jones Apothecary and Opticians.
Russell and business partner Helen Jones, launched the first Optic Shop in 1991, in Bridgend and it still remains a family concern with Aaron Evan-Jones being the latest member of the family to graduate in Optometry in 2014.
Their aim has been to offer the highest quality of service at the most reasonable prices. The success of the first shop meant they were able to expand rapidly in the 1990s, throughout the South Wales region. They now have a number of high street outlets, as well as additional franchises supporting the high quality of service and value for money demanded by the Optic Shop.